Straw is a welcome addition to feed. It does not serve as a nutrient supplier, but as a raw fibre supplier. The high crude fibre content promotes chewing (and combats boredom) and gives a feeling of satiety. The straw must be perfect in terms of hygiene; it must not smell musty and must not contain any impurities. In order to obtain the best quality straw, Agrobs Straw is dried with hot air and de-dusted after harvesting.
The use of AGROBS Straw is advised:
- to upgrade the roughage share
- for straw-free ground cover as a supplement to hay/grass
- for overweight animals as partial replacement of hay or grazing
- to avoid an excessive hay or grass belly, as straw binds less water in the intestine than grass or hay
- in case of a very high protein content in the ration: straw is low in protein and can compensate for such a ration
- to improve a tight calcium – phosphorus ratio in a cereal rich ration
- with a lower straw quality – especially in the case of allergies
Available in 10 kg bags (due to volume, the straw is counted as a 15 kg weight when calculating the shipping costs).