The Horse Hay Bar Equine Feeders FEED AS NATURE INTENDED
The best thing for a horse’s health is that it can eat roughage all day long
How do I feed my horse forage as NATURE INTENDED from the floor and in a manner, which is far easier for you and much healthier for your horse?
Hay Bar solves this problem.
The HAY BAR system was originally devised to help a show hunter brood mare suffering from pneumonia.
It encouraged her to eat from the floor and as a result helped drain down her airways.
The mare recovered and the Hay Bar team soon realised the HAY BAR system had numerous advantages.
The Horse Hay Bar
- has been developed and extensively tested in England
- is made of HDPE, strong and durable polyethylene with a reinforced top edge
- aids digestion by slowing down the rate at which the hay is eaten
- reduces forage loss as less hay is trampled on and mixed with bedding material
- is safer than a nets or racks; a big advantage especially for mares, foals and yearlings
- is quicker and easier to fill and clean
- is very much appreciated in the dressage world, because the natural position helps to develop the neck muscles
Why is it important to feed from the floor?
- This natural feeding position ensures that the jaw has the correct alignment
- This correct alignment ensures even wear of the teeth and helps prevent dental problems.
- The correct position promotes breathing as the airways and sinuses descend.
- The natural position helps the back muscles and helps young animals develop correctly.
- This feeding position prevents the development of unsightly muscles under the neck and helps to form a correct topline.
- Horses in their natural environment are grazing animals and it is imperative that we replicate these conditions for the stabled horse.
Horse Hay Bar is approx. 36″ high. It takes approx. 20″ of floor space.
The top edge takes approx. 30“ of wall space.
To facilitate cleaning and drainage, the Hay Bar can be mounted 25mm to 40mm above the floor.
Hay Bar delivered in Holland or collected:
It cannot be sent in combination with other products.
The Hay Bar is shipped separately and the delivery time is 2 to 14 working days.
The shipping costs are shown per Hay Bar in the shopping basket.
If you want to order more than one Hay Bar, please send us an email so we can give you the correct shipping costs.
Of course it is possible to pick up the Hay Bar at our store in Haaksbergen NL.