Pony Hay Bar Equine Feeders FEED AS NATURE INTENDED
The best thing for a horse’s health is that it can eat roughage all day long
How do I feed my pony roughage AS NATURE INTENDED off the ground in a way that is much easier for me and much healthier for my pony?
Pony Hay Bar Equine Feeders solves this problem.
The HAY BAR system was originally devised to help a show hunter brood mare suffering from pneumonia. It encouraged her to eat from the floor and as a result helped drain down her airways.
The mare recovered and we soon realised the HAY BAR system had numerous advantages.
Pony Hay Bar
- has been developed and extensively tested in England
- is made of HDPE, strong and durable polyethylene with a reinforced top edge
- aids digestion by slowing down the rate at which the hay is eaten
- reduces forage loss as less hay is trampled on and mixed with bedding material
- is safer than a hay net or hay rack; a big advantage especially for mares, foals and yearlings
- is quick and easy to fill and clean
- is very much appreciated in the dressage world, because the natural position helps to develop the neck muscles
- This natural feeding position ensures that the jaw has the correct alignment
- This correct alignment ensures even wear of the teeth and helps prevent dental problems.
- The correct position promotes breathing as the airways and sinuses descend.
- The natural position also helps the back muscles and helps young animals develop correctly.
- This feeding position also prevents the development of unsightly muscles under the neck and helps to form a correct topline.
- Horses in their natural environment are grazing animals and it is imperative that we replicate these conditions for the stabled horse.
ca. 70 cm high
To facilitate cleaning and drainage, the Hay Bar can be mounted 25mm to 40mm above the floor.
Due to the size of the Hay Bar, it cannot be sent!!! It is only possible to pick up the Hay Bar at our store in Haaksbergen NL.